- 1/2 cup chicken bouillon powder (weird I know, but it works)
- 1/2 cup Vietnamese chili sauce (Sriracha works too)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup pureed shallot (onion works fine too)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 20 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 24 whole jumbo chicken wings
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- Combine the bouillon, chili sauce, honey, oil, shallots, vinegar and lime leaves and whisk together to form a uniform paste. Reserve some paste for brushing, and place the rest in a resealable plastic bag. Toss the chicken wings in the paste in the bag and allow to marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Build a hot charcoal fire on one side of the grill. Set the chicken wings on the grill opposite of the hot coal side. Cover the grill and cook until the wings are just about cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. Rotate the wings halfway through for even cooking.
- To finish the wings, brush with the reserved paste and grill directly over hot coals until charred slightly.
Transfer to a platter and top with cilantro leaves and peanuts. Serve with Nuoc Cham