- 2 medium potatoes peeled and diced (soak in water until ready to cook)
- 1T butter
- 2T olive oil
- 3 Pastrami Sausage (about 7 ounces)
- 1 Serrano chili diced (optional)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 4-8 eggs
- In a pot of salted water, boil potatoes until tender about 5-6 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and dry in a salad spinner.
- In a frying pan brown sausages in 2tsp. of olive oil just until golden brown all over. Remove from pan and dice.
- In the same pan, add 1 more tsp. of oil saute the onions until golden brown. Remove from pan.
- In a 12 inch cast iron skillet,over medium high heat, melt butter and remaining oil. Distribute oil and butter evenly and add potatoes.
- Cook potatoes in an even layer for 3 minutes before stirring to establish good crust. Season potatoes with salt and pepper.
- When potatoes are nice and golden brown, add onions, diced pastrami sausage, and fresh herbs. and stir to combine.
- Serve on plates or small cast iron skillets topped with poached, sunny side up, or fried eggs and toast.